Monday, September 7, 2009

Boom-boom-pow

Please see my original post here.
mammoth

Law school is this giant thing that grabbed me and spun me around. It's two weeks into my first year and everything has changed. Mens rea has rocked my world. (Yes, but did you desire the social harm your actions would cause?) Thanks to dear Professor Cooper I'm walking down the streets chanting to myself:

Breaking/and entering/the dwelling/of another/at night/ with the intent/ to commit a felony/ therein. (It's ok; I used to hum Christmas carols as I walked. The definition of burglary is much more exciting.)

Contracts class is still trying to smash me but my head remains above water for now. Torts (the 'boom-boom-pow' of the world, as Professor Robertson puts it) is moving slowly but on the verge of speeding up. I've got my course outlines started and case-briefing has become a simple procedure I use to try to understand complex concepts. (Believe me, one doesn't have to be a prodigy to learn how to brief cases.)

My goals now are the simplest: schedule regular breaks during the day; get enough sleep; exercise as regularly as possible; and fight back against Contracts. I'm not going down that easily, Professor Wittenberg. (And now that I know you're a sweet person you don't scare me. As much.)

1L...here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment