Sunday, April 26, 2009

Terrified in Boston

So I'm starting law school in the fall and I'm a human vat of doubts. I'm absolutely terrified that I made the wrong choice in choosing law (Really? Law?). I could fail at this and, at age 31, fall hard on my ass in a city that doesn't favor failure.

This is the domain of Harvard and MIT, the capital of Massachusetts and the Revolution. Paul Revere's home and body lie here and a studio apartment on the outskirts costs a thousand dollars. No, there is no room for failure here. Yet I've signed Suffolk Law School's letter of intent. I'm leaving a decent job and I've paid the security deposit on a studio in Brighton (on the green line; just outside Boston proper). I'm 86% convinced that this is the wrong decision but that extra 14 nags at me. What if this works?

No comments:

Post a Comment