Thursday, April 30, 2009

Setting the bar

I'm rereading old posts (you know, from a few days ago) and recognizing that my writing skills are, well, a bit rusty. I console myself with the knowledge that I'm the only person who reads my blog and so don't have a responsibility to perform for anybody at all.

It's just that I referred to the U.S. Bill of Rights as 'those amazing amendments' (insert frown emoticon here).

Where are the fancy words; the complex sentences; the zeugmas and dancing bears? I blame Facebook and Twitter. I've read too much Harry Potter! Blame television (omg I love NCIS). Perhaps I grow old! At any rate it's clear that I've developed a mental potbelly. Oh, the shame.

I'm as undergraduate-institution-educated as the next guy and I owe my reader more than this. I hereby vow to expand my vocabulary--to stretch words and my typing fingers. *Immediately stumbles.* How have I become so clumsy? I hereby begin the search for my brain.

Brb; updating status message.

No comments:

Post a Comment