Thursday, July 2, 2009

Moving Weekend



It's moving weekend.

Today is apartment walk-through day. By walk-through day I mean cleaning day. I've packed my car with cleaning supplies and boxes and am now just waiting for the #Boston thunderstorm to let up before I go.

Tomorrow I pick up the Uhaul and make the final move.

I've been obsessing and making lists for weeks and now that moving weekend is here things are ramping up.

Obsessing:
  • Where will I park my car? Will it pass the state inspection?
  • I need to get a Brighton parking sticker.
  • How do I get to a veterinarian if my cat needs care?
  • Don't forget to get the oil changed.
  • What if I forget to pay my rent?
  • How do I get a wireless internet connection in my apartment?
  • How will I pick out clothes when I'm living alone?
  • Will it be possible to buy groceries and cat litter without driving?
  • Where will I go to fill up my gas tank?
  • I need to switch car insurance companies.
  • Should I keep my car?
  • I need window locks
  • I need a chain lock for the door
  • What if I lock myself out?
  • I need to buy a T-pass.
Listing:
  • 1 polka-dot shower curtain
  • 1 shower curtain liner (clear)
  • 1 package of shower curtain rings
  • 1 coffeemaker
  • 1 iron (the first iron I've ever owned)
  • 1 ironing board
  • 1 television (when did tv's get so...thin?)
  • 1 4-year television warranty
  • 1 litter box (enclosed)
  • 1 tub cat litter (scoopable)
  • 1 desk (used)
  • 1 small table (used)
  • 4 5" bed risers
  • 1 bag of pretzels
  • 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
  • 2 boxes of pasta
  • 1 can of coffee
  • 1 bottle of coffee creamer
  • 1 box of soy milk
  • 4 rolls of toilet paper
  • 2 rolls of paper towels

1 comment:

  1. under 'obsessing,' don't forget: Make list of new things to obsess over just in case everything on this list goes okay.

    ReplyDelete